What’s the right time to start a blog or online business?… Let’s check this example before answering your questions.
- How to start a blog for free?
- How to start a blog for free and make money?
- How to start a blog for free and get paid?
- How to start a blog for free and earn money?
- How to start a blog for free for kids?
- Course and books on how to start a blog for free
Yes, you got right. People are searching for a dedicated user guide to start his/her blog with different queries. Now, I’m asking you. Do you think these are specific for a particular time or with a certain location?
No! Anyone can make a search with any of these queries from anywhere and anytime. And if you can prepare a perfect guide to help them out with helpful resources, search engines like Google and Bing will send your article to that particular audience.
And when you start getting the traffic, you’re on the way to making money.
This is how blogs or business sites work.
But the fact is- this may look easy but you have to start your blog in the right way.
Today we are going to show you how to try and start a blog for free and start making money from scratch.
Choosing WordPress Should Be Your First Step
Before explaining my point, give check to the infographic below on WordPress stats and history.
Yes, WordPress’s journey got started in 2003 and it become the most popular website-building solution in a few years. And WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system) for over a decade now. WordPress leading the CMS market with over 65% share. And overall market share is also over 42%!
Why do people love using WordPress?
There are a few more statistics for you about WordPress and its popularity.
- There are an estimated 64+ million websites using WordPress all over the world (2019 research)
- Over 400 million people visit WordPress websites each month
- 650+ new WordPress sites go live every day.
- There are 50,000+ plugins available in the WordPress directory to enhance your WordPress website
- WordPress is available in 60+ different languages, making it a truly global platform for you, for all.
How to Start A Blog for Free in WordPress (Helpful Resources)
You can start your blog in WordPress in just four easy steps. All are free, you just need to purchase your Domain Name and A Hosting plan. So, it’s not 100% free actually and you know the reason.
So, what are the steps you need to follow-
- Domain Registration
- WordPress Hosting
- WordPress Themes
- WordPress Plugins
WordPress Domain Registration
The domain is the website name in which you want to publish your content. There are lots of Domain Registration platforms out there. But it’s better to book your chosen domain name and hosting plan from one vendor. It’s easy. If you want to manage your domain separately, it could be a hassle but of course, you can.
Just make a search with domain registration or public domain registration platforms. Check your name it’s available or not. And there you go.
Go to Google. You can see lots of queries like-
- Best Hosting for WordPress
- Best web hosting for WordPress
- Cheap WordPress hosting
- Fastest WordPress hosting
- Best WordPress hosting
Don’t try to go after all of these fancy keywords. There are basically 3 types of Hosting for WordPress- Direct, Managed, Shared. The list is the same for higher pricing. And the reason is clear. Think about your budget and choose the hosting type you want to have.
Now go to these WordPress hosting providers below. Check pricing and other services, especially 24/7 support. Choose your plan.
- NameCheap (Cheap Hosting)
- Cloudways (WordPress managed hosting)
- WPEngine (Powerful yet high-pricing hosting)
- Bluehost (Popular WordPress Hosting)
- Kinsta (Premium WordPress hosting for SMEs
FAQ on WordPress Hosting
What is WordPress hosting?
Hosting works for your website like an SD card on your smartphone. It’s your database or data center where you save all your website’s files.
What is managed WordPress hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is a concierge service where all technical aspects of running WordPress are managed by only the host. Website security, speed, WordPress updates, daily backups, website uptime, scalability, and more features are included under WordPress-managed Hosting.
This is why it’s a bit pricey over others.
How much does WordPress hosting cost
It starts from $2-$3 per month, up to $50 or more depending on the website data and traffic.
Again, don’t go for the queries like-
- Best WordPress themes
- Best WordPress themes for blogs
- Best WordPress themes for travel blogs
- Best WordPress themes for eCommerce
- Best WordPress themes for musicians
- Best WordPress themes for podcasts
- Best WordPress themes for artists
- Best WordPress themes for nonprofits
- Best WordPress themes for authors
- Best WordPress themes for writers
- Best WordPress themes for photographers
- Best WordPress themes for small business
- Best WordPress themes for affiliate marketing
Check these 7 themes below and choose anyone you love-
- Neve Theme
- Genesis Framework (StudioPress)
Why Use These Themes Specifically?
- Popular yet powerful
- Beautiful design
- Easy interface
- Smart navigation
- Structured code
Don’t want to make yourself confused? Avoid queries like this-
- Best WordPress plugins
- Best WordPress plugins for blogs
- Best WordPress plugins for business
- Best WordPress for blogs
- Must have WordPress plugins
- Essential WordPress plugins
- Amazon affiliate WordPress plugins
So, what to do? Choose these plugins below and start making money with your WordPress site. Add more whenever you need a plugin for your particular use. But don’t install too much in the first go.
- Rank Math SEO/Yoast SEO
- Jetpack to boost up and security
- Akismet anti-spam for spam protection
- WPForms/Ninja Forms for user registration and contact
- WP-Rocket caching plugin to make your site faster
- Revive Old Posts for easy social share
- UpdraftPlus for backup
Customization and More
When you have done getting your domain, hosting, theme, and essential WordPress plugins, now is the time to customize your design, update settings, and more you want for your site.
Google and YouTube are full of resources on how to install and customize a WordPress site. Follow any of them you like and make your WordPress site ready.
That’s all for today from our end. Our purpose here was to help you easily find essential resources to start a WordPress blog with ease.
Now is your turn to start building your WordPress site. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section.